A while back, I shot with some friends a little scene that takes place in a postapocalyptic settlement, starring my brother, Jim. I did not have a name for the 2-3 minute long short, so I just named it Project 17. I started to give numbers to my projects one day, in order to make it easier for me to keep track of them. Just in case you are wondering now, the illustrated fairytale book, Below the Floor, is project 31; and the horror short firm The Cellar was project 26/1. 🙂
I drew some sketches of the buildings which I wanted to have in the background. Below you can see one of them, which I drew in one of my sketchbooks.
I imagined a settlement full of sheds, some of them being built on top of the others. I started building this miniature, as well as others, out of balsa wood, plastics and cardboard and it was going well. Unfortunately, I was not able to use the place where I was working any more and the miniatures have been waiting since then (in a store room) to be finished . They were 80% done. Well, next time I will use building techniques that bring faster results. Like doing a digital plan an laser cutting the pieces out of thin wood plates. Back then, I was cutting out all pieces with a cutter or a saw.